Solar iBoost - South Wales installers
We are recommended installers for Solariboost in South Wales which will ensure you use 100% of your solar energy in your own home, where it is needed.
Using your Solar installation to give you FREE hot water!
The Solar iBoost concept is to use the surplus photovoltaic energy generated at your home to heat the water in your household water tank, saving you money.
You will benefit from
- Maximising the use of the free solar energy generated at your property
- Cutting the cost of heating your water
- Reduced use of your boiler
Solar iBoost uses ONLY energy that would otherwise be exported back to the national grid, redirecting it back to your house for water heating.
Easy to fit and use, with an in built monitoring device, it enables you to enjoy even more financial benefits from your PV solar investment
Here’s how a typical household will see the benefit of Solar iBoost:
In a household with a PV array generating a 2kW surplus, just 2.5 hours is needed to raise a 100ltr tank temperature from 20 ̊C to 60 ̊C giving a
saving of approximately £0.50 per day based on average energy prices. (Feb 2013).
How Does it Affect my Feed In Tariff Payments?
Solar iBoost does not affect your FIT generation payments.
For householders with a deemed usage contract from their
FIT provider using Solar iBoost means you get greater or
full usage of the free energy and still receive the 50% export
payment. Where an export meter is fitted the benefits of the
Solar iBoost can still easily outweigh the rising energy costs
of water heating.
It’s Clever but Simple!
- Solar iBoost fits quickly and neatly into your airing cupboard, simply
wired between the existing fused spur and the immersion heater.
- It wirelessly receives information continuously from a sender device
which activates the Solar iBoost to start water heating.
- The sender is battery powered so it is rapidly installed with its clamp in
the utility meter box and no need for expensive wiring.
- The Solar iBoost intelligently controls and adjusts the flow of energy
to the immersion heater as your home consumption varies, ensuring that
only excess power is used.
- There’s no need to change your immersion heater as Solar iBoost works
with any normal household immersion rated up to 3kW.
- Solar iBoost displays real time and historical energy savings figures
and LED symbols indicate the operating status.
- Simple timer programming enables Solar iBoost to work in harmony
with Economy utility tariffs and a boost override switch means you can
top up from the grid any time you need extra hot water.
Download pdf brochure
be part of the solution...